Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pittsburgh Steelers II


I have been trying to restrain myself from saying anything more lest I jinx the Steelers. If you are a Steeler fan you know exactly what I mean.

My previous post on the Steelers is here



Can you believe how Pittsburgh destroyed Denver.

I remember reading on ESPN.com that Denver looked like the new Super Bowl favorite. I think Carter was the only writer on the site that picked Pittsburgh.

Well sports fans - Pittsburgh has won seven in a row five of them on the road and no one, including me, thought they could do it. Sorry, Pittsburgh has been trying to get back to the Super Bowl for 10 years where that ass, O'Donnell, threw two interceptions to Dallas (then the Jets picked him up for $6M - good riddence. Honesly that is the only thing I don't get about Chris Merdon - he actually likes the Jets). We should have been their last year - hell we were 15-1.

It has been 25 years of hope and hanging on to that pride. You stick with the Slash, and Maddox, and hope Batch has some magic in him. You cling on to any glimmer of hope. You ignore that nasty rumors. You watch games that they should have won and just hope for a better game the following week.

Then. Then this 23 year old kid comes along and and and you are just beside yourself. You know it. The Steelers have been missing one thing. A Quarterback like Terry Bradshaw. Guess what!!!! Now we have one in Big Ben.

This guy plays like a seasoned pro and he has the running backs and receivers, although I wish we still had Plexi Glass (that is Plaxico Burress) to help him out.

I initially thought Denver would be a ground game. Then a friend of mine told me he thought the Steelers would play Antwaan Randel El heavily and increase the passing game. He was right on both occassions.

Our Defense is awesome and destroy the Colts and the Broncos.

As a Steeler fan I am humble enough to respect the Seahawks. They have come a long way to get here too. But the Steelers are only 4 point favorites. What!!!! Not so bad when you think about it. The Steelers are 4-0 when favored to win the Super Bowl (1974, 1975, 1978, 1979(, and 0-1 as underdogs, by 13 1/2 points when they lost to Dalls 10 years ago.

Well, I am taking that Monday off because I am going to be either very happy or very depressed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing the Steelers accomplished by making it to the Super Bowl is they've cost themselves position in next year's draft.

In the end, the Ravens and Steelers will have accomplished the same feat this season - No Championship....

7:38 AM  
Blogger hocoblog said...

Ouch... Well at least the Steelers have the AFC Title. What did you say the Raven's have?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home