Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Merger-veto bill's legality questioned

The story from The Baltimore Sun

Legislation that would give lawmakers veto power over Constellation Energy
Group's merger with a Florida utility owner may run afoul of both the state and
federal constitutions, several legal experts say - raising further questions
about efforts in Annapolis to deal with a crisis over electric rate increases.


When I first heard about this my thought was that these people want to have their cake and eat it too. Everyone is looking for an advantage here, or a big stick to hit someone over the head with.

This legislation was dead on arrival. Those who proposed it, let it be voted on, and voted for it KNEW that it was bad legislation and unconstitutional. So why did they push the legislation through? I got this information before the vote.

It is called "FEEL GOOD LEGISLATION". The thinking among many of the elected is like this "Those dummys (I mean voters) don't know how to spell BGE so they won't know this legislation won't do a thing. But it sure looks good! I can say I stood up against the big guy even though this legislation is a complete waste of time."

The only one I see trying to solve the problem is Ehrlich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home