Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tony Salazar

I had a surprise visitor today.

Because I had a report due to my boss by 10AM today, for a conference call attended by 20 people, I worked from home. I wanted the extra 30 minutes of commute time to finish up, and boy did I need it. Got in under the wire.

Right after lunch the door bell rang and it was Tony Salazar going door to door campaigning for County Council District One.

Despite the cold wind and the 40 degree temperature he was out hitting the streets and knocking on doors explaining why he wants to represent District One on the Howard County Council.

Tony is just a pleasant person and despite the weather he really seemed to be enjoying himself. Since we know each other he didn't bother to campaign at my door. I asked him how it was going and he spent a couple of minutes telling me how much going door to door meant to him and how much he enjoyed meeting people.

Now the election is months and months away, but wouldn't you agree that a candidate out in weather like this, who actually enjoys going door to door, and enjoys meeting people deserves a great deal of consideration for public office?

You can read more about Tony Salazar here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home